One Person Company Registration in India
Through 100% online process, we provide fast and economical service to register a One person company.
Starting at ₹5998*
What is a One Person Company in India?
One Person Company is a type of company to start a business in India introduced under Companies Act 2013. One Person Company is shortened as OPC is a company which is run by the single person who is also the Director & Shareholder similar to proprietor but provides the added advantage to limit liability to the shareholder. OPC also enables growth and greater regulation of the corporate sector in India.
OPC is very similar to Private Limited Company under Companies Act 2013 when it comes to compliance except it will only have one director instead. OPC is still required to have a nominee at all times.
As stated in Section 2 (62): “one person company means a company which has only one person as a member.”
OPC is a combination of sole proprietorship and a company form of business. Thus, it eliminates the inconvenience of finding the right kind of co-partner/s for starting a business as a registered entity.
The only exclusion provided by the Act to an OPC is that a “NATURALLY BORN” Indian who is also a resident of India is eligible to incorporate a One Person Company. Meaning, only a natural person who is an Indian citizen and resident in India shall be eligible to incorporate an OPC and shall be the nominee of the OPC.
One Person Company Registration Benefits
An OPC is exact replica of a Private Limited Company except instead of two directors, this body functions with a single director.
in simple terms is like a body without life in it and the body is operated by a single person – the director. It is an instrument to remain perpetually existent through generations of people by a mandatory appointment of a nominee in case of death of the director.
- OPC is considered a separate legal entity and limits liability of promoter or director.
- Only requires one person to register company
- Verifiable Legal entity: OPC just similar to a private limited company is a separate legal entity with limitation of liability and the legal entity and ownership is verifiable on MCA database
- Limited Liability: Another advantage of one person company is that the liability is limited to the extent of the worth of the share held by the promoter, the individual can take more risk in business without affecting loss of personal assets.
- Minimum Requirements: Minimum 1 Shareholder *Minimum 1 Directors*Minimum 1 Nominee*The Directors and Shareholder can be the person*OPCs are used to distinguish from other companies
One Person Company Registration FEES: How much does it cost to start a One Person company in India?
The Cost of One Person Company Incorporation / Registration of Pvt Ltd Company would start around INR 5,000/- to INR 20,000+ depending upon the No. of Directors, No. of members, authorized share capital and Professional fees.
Professional fees vary on the complexity of the business formation
Starting at ₹5998*
How to search a One person company registration name availability?
Go to MCA’s official website
The Registrar of Companies (RoC) which is part of MCA across India expects applicants to follow a few naming guidelines. Some of them are subjective, which means that approval can depend on the opinion of the officer handling your application. However, the more closely you follow the rules listed below, the better your chances of approval.
The first part of the name should be a unique and not similar or trademarked name. The second part/suffix should be describing the area of business. The name will be For Eg., Amazon Internet Services Private Limited
Abbreviations, adjectives and generic words are rejected.
Consult us for specific advice on getting your desired legal name for your company
Documents required to register a One Person Company
Utility Bill as proof must be Latest less than 30 days old
NOC from owner of premises + Rental agreement OR sale deed
Signed Declaration (s) from Promoter.
Email of company
Mobile of company
Address Proof Documents
Bank Statement or Passbook with the transaction entry less than 30 days old
Electricity Bill in the name of the promoter less than 30 days old
Telephone bill, or any other Mobile Bill less than 30 days old
Utility bill in the name of promoters like Gas Bill less than 30 days old
Photograph of Director + Nominee.
PAN Card of Each Director + Nominee.
AADHAAR for Director + Nominee
Passport if available
Address Proof of Promoter/ Director + Nominee
Mobile Number (personal) Director + Nominee
Email (personal) Director + Nominee
NOTE: Further documents and scrutiny can be made on a case by case basis which is beyond our control.
One Person Company Registration Process
To register a One person Company, it takes minimum of 5 working days* to process if all documents are received without any issues.
The issues arise when there is name mismatch between identity documents of directors.
We will help you with all the documents through our Documents verification team.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. The shareholder must be individual and Indian resident
2. At least one director is appointed, who shall be an Indian resident
3. A nominee who is above the age of 18 years and Indian resident must be appointed as Nominee on registration
4. A place of business must be provided as the registered office address of OPC.
• Opening a current account of the company
• Appointing of the Statutory auditor
• Depositing the paid-up capital mentioned while registration
• Issuance and allotment of shares
You’ve Come To The Right Place
You’ve Come To The Right Place
We are experts in business formation and we have helped lot of people in starting their business across a variety of industries. We provide you fully online Company Registration process and Trademark Registration at industry’s lowest price. Our services help you reduce liability with keeping your business compliant.